A stunning hand painted Faberge style egg.
Painted sky interior completes this creation.
The Imperial Eggs:
- The celebrated series of 50 Imperial Easter eggs was created for the Russian Imperial family from 1885 to 1916 when the company was run by Peter Carl Fabergé.
- These creations are inextricably linked to the glory and tragic fate of the last Romanov family.
- They were the ultimate achievement of the renowned Russian jewellery house and must also be considered the last great commissions of objets d’art .
- Ten eggs were produced from 1885 to 1893, during the reign of Emperor Alexander III; 40 more were created during the rule of his dutiful son, Nicholas II, two each year, one for his mother, the dowager, the second for his wife.
About Ateliers de Theirs collections:
- Inspired by antiques, exquisiteness and ornamentation.
- Sought for its uniqueness, bought for its beauty and charm.
- Reproduction and interpretations of old, antique hand made decorative accessories, gifts and objects.
- Judiciously passed to the next generation, heirlooms of the future.